First Bank internet banking (FirstOnline Banking) is a type of online banking service that lets you do your banking business without going to the bank.
Anyone with a First bank account can use the Internet banking service to log in online. Internet banking is also called e-banking, virtual banking, or online banking.
With First Bank Internet Banking, it’s easy to pay bills, send money to someone else, and buy airtime. In this article, we’ll show you how to use First Bank online banking, as well as how to sign up and log in to your account.
About First Bank of Nigeria (FBN)
The First Bank of Nigeria is the largest commercial bank in Nigeria. It was founded in 1959 and is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. The bank has been recognized as one of the “Best Managed Banks” by the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The First Bank of Nigeria is the largest commercial bank in Nigeria. It was founded in 1959. In 2017, the bank had a total market capitalization of $17.2 billion and a customer base of more than 12 million people.
The First Bank of Nigeria has a network of branches and ATMs that span across all states and geographical zones within the country, with a presence in all major Nigerian cities. The bank also operates internationally through its subsidiaries – FMOH (Nigeria), FBN Ghana Limited, FBN Sierra Leone Limited, FBN Gambia Limited, FBN Cote d’Ivoire S.A., FBOB Senegal S.A., FBOB Benin S.A., and Banque Internationale de Commerce et de Finance.
The First Bank of Nigeria has been around for over 60 years, so it has seen many changes happen in that time. Originally, it was called the Nigerian Industrial Development Bank (IDB). The IDB was created to encourage industrial development and economic growth in Nigeria by providing loans to new entrepreneurs who were starting out or expanding their businesses. This is what led to its name changed to the First Bank of Nigeria when it took over all other banks in 1964 as they were merged into one bank with one headquarters and one board.
Here are some of the most important features of First Bank online banking:
- Individual registration
- Check balances online
- Download statement of account
- Fast money transfer
- Make multiple transfers
- Bills payment
- Corporate Bulk Payment instantly
- Set up Standing Instructions
- Cheque confirmations
- Register Complaints etc.
How to register on First Bank Nigeria Internet Banking
Follow the steps below to register your First Bank Nigeria Internet Banking:
- You can get a First Bank Internet Banking registration form at any branch in the country, or you can click here to go to the First Bank Internet Banking registration page.
- Fill out the form by filling in the required fields and putting in the User ID you want.
- After you fill out the form, your login information and a confirmation code will be sent to the email address you choose right away.
- After you confirm your email address, First Bank will send you your online banking information, which includes your User ID and password.
How to Login and Manage your First Bank Online Banking
After you have got your First bank Nigeria internet banking details; Username and PIN, you will need to activate it. Follow the below steps to activate your internet banking:
- First, you have to login, by visiting the First Bank’s official website at www.firstbanknigeria.com
- Enter the User ID and the default password that was sent to you earlier in order to log in.
- After a successful login, you’ll be asked to change your password by choosing at least one letter, a number, and a special character. This is done for security.
- You will be sent some security questions, and you will need to answer at least 4 of them to set your Password.
- Then, you choose a word or phrase that you will remember by picking an image and making your own True Stamp.
- Lastly, confirm your email address and enter a new password. Then you click “submit,” and you’re done.