Do you think it’s strange that you can open a First Bank account with your phone in a few minutes? This article will guide you on how to open a First Bank Nigeria account with your phone.
You’ll get more out of this guide if you read to the end to learn how to set up your First Bank account on your phone, step by step.
Digitization in the banking industry has given customers many advantages, like using banking services from any comfortable place. It has also cut down on the long lines at the bank.
People used to go to the bank in person to make a transaction or open a bank account. First Bank Nigeria has changed that by giving customers the easiest way to open a bank account on their phone.
You might be wondering if this service is real, but it is, and by the end of this guide, you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to do banking with First Bank Nigeria.
Who Is Eligible To Open A FirstBank Account?
First Bank Nigeria has made it easy for all customers to sign up, as long as they have the documents they need to open or keep a bank account in Nigeria.
Requirements to Open a FirstBank Account with a Phone
To open a First Bank Nigeria account over the phone, you will need to provide some of the following:
- Mobile phone
- Use an active phone number to connect your account.
- BVN (Bank Verification Number)
How To Open A First Bank Nigeria Account On Phone
Below is the step-by-step procedure to open a First Bank Nigeria account on the phone:
- On your phone, dial *894*0#.
- On the new screen, choose the “open account” option.
- You’ll be provided with two options to create your First Bank account, and they are:
- Open an account with BVN
- Open an account without BVN
- If you have your BVN number at hand, you can choose the open account with the BVN option, or if otherwise, choose an open account without BVN.
- After choosing an open BVN account, enter your BVN number on the next screen.
- Choose a 5-digit PIN for your account on the new screen. Make sure the PIN you choose is easy to remember.
- After looking over your information to make sure it’s correct, click the “Confirm” button to finish opening an account.
- In a few minutes, an SMS with your account information will be sent to the phone number you gave when you set up your account.
We can tell you this about opening a First Bank Nigeria account over the phone.
How Long Does It Take To Open A FirstBank Account On a Phone?
FirstBank Nigeria doesn’t want customers to have any doubts about their digital banking services, so when you call to open an account, they do it as quickly as possible to match the time it would have taken to do it at the bank.
In 15–25 minutes, you’ll get an SMS with your account information to the phone number that’s linked to your account.
Why Open a FirstBank Account on a Phone?
Some of the advantages of opening a First Bank Nigeria account over the phone are listed below:
- It saves you time from driving to the bank to open an account.
- It is easy and quick to make.
- It has made standing in a long line at the bank less stressful.
- It has made it easy to use your bank account for different transactions at any time and place.