We all know how painful it is to lose our card or have it stolen, so we look for ways to block and lock it right away to protect the cardholder from any misuse of the card and for security reasons because we’re afraid of data breaches. If you don’t block, lock, or report your card, there’s a chance that someone could use your account to do something wrong or without your permission.
In this article, we’ll look at how to lock and unlock your National Australia Bank (NAB) account in Australia and your ANZ bank account in New Zealand from the comfort of your own home, so you don’t have to call your bank.
How to block an ANZ card with Internet Banking
You can tell the bank about a lost or stolen card, and depending on where you live, you may be able to block it. We talked about both New Zealand and Australia.
How to block an ANZ card in New Zealand
Follow the steps below to temporarily block your EFTPOS, Visa Debit, or credit card through ANZ Internet Banking in New Zealand:
- To block an ANZ card on the go: Log in to ANZ Internet Banking.
- Go to “Your settings.”
- Manage cards
- Read the Temporary Block
- Tap on the card you would like to block or lock temporarily.
How to report an ANZ card to the bank in Australia
If you live in Australia, you can easily lock or block your ANZ card with an app and a phone call. To report your card as lost or stolen, use the ANZ app. Once you report your card as lost or stolen, it will be automatically canceled.
- Log in to the ANZ app.
- Tap the account.
- Choose and Manage Card. If you can’t see the card you’d like to report, swipe left under Cards to see other options.
- Click on Report Card Lost or Stolen and follow the prompts.
If you live in Australia, your new card will be sent to you between 5 and 7 business days after you cancel it.
How to temporarily block your card in the ANZ App
If you can’t find your ANZ card, you can lock it in the ANZ app until you can find it. When you get your card back, it only takes a few seconds to turn it back on:
- Log in to the app
- Tap the account or card.
- Click “Manage,” then “Manage Card.”
- Click “Temporarily Block Card,” then “Block Card.”
Daily ANZ Card limit
- Personal customers can spend between $1,000 and $10,000 daily (or up to $25,000 if they sign up for ANZ Shield).
- When a business uses ANZ Internet Banking, the daily limits range from $5,000 to $25,000 (or up to $50,000 if the business is signed up for ANZ Shield).
How to block or unblock your NAB cards
When a card is lost or stolen, NAB customers can lock or block it using the NAB app, NAB Internet Banking, or by calling 1800 033 103 (within Australia) or +61 3 8641 9121. (from overseas)
NAB Internet Banking is a digital banking platform that all customers can use for free to block or report your card to the bank, check your accounts, manage your money, and bank anywhere, anytime.
- Log into the NAB app on your device.
- Tap on “My Cards.”
- Tap the card you want to block.
- Close to “Block card,” tap the toggle switch to temporarily block your card.
- Then tap Confirm.
- Your card has been temporarily blocked. BUT TO UNLOCK Simply press the toggle switch again to unblock.
How to report a damaged card In the NAB app
- Just go to the Cards section to tell the bank your card is broken.
- Select the card you want to replace.
- Select Replace your card, then select Replace damaged card.
How to Report a Damaged Card via NAB Internet Banking
- Head to the Cards section.
- Select the card you wish to replace.
- Under Manage your card, select Replace damaged card.
Daily NAB limits on Visa Debit Cards
Your NAB Visa Debit card only lets you take out $2,000 in cash each day. This affects all NAB Visa Debit cards and NAB Platinum Visa Debit cards.
You can block and unblock your ANZ and NAB cards, NAB Internet Banking, and NAB Mobile App.