PenFed is a banking company that provides financial services for consumers and businesses in the United States. They are headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia. PenFed was founded in 1935 as the Pentagon Federal Credit Union by a group of U.S. military officers who were not being served by existing financial institutions at the time.
PenFed has over $3 billion in assets and more than 1.6 million members, making it one of the largest credit unions in the United States. PenFed offers a variety of financial services to their customers, including insurance products and mortgage loans.
Penfed offers many different types of financial services, including insurance products and mortgage loans.
With PenFed Credit Union’s online banking and Mobile App, you can keep track of your money and bank on the go by transferring money, paying bills, looking at your transaction history, and doing many other financial tasks without going to the bank.
Before you can use this service, you need to sign up for online banking and a mobile app. If you are already a PenFed customer, you can read this post to find out how to sign up as a new customer.
You also find out how to change your contact information, get E-Statements, raise your credit card limit, upload documents, and make mobile deposits. If you are not a member yet, see How to Join PenFed Credit Union to learn how.
How to become PenFed Credit Union Member
Anyone can join the Pentagon Federal Credit Union. All you have to do is open a savings account and put $5 in it. Then you’re a PenFed member and can start taking advantage of the benefits and discounts on all products and loans. Also, you have to choose whether you want to open a Regular Share account or a Premium Online Savings account.
Benefits of Penfed Credit Union Mobile app and Online banking
- You can use online banking and mobile banking from Penfed Credit Union to check on and manage your accounts from your home office.
- You can pay your bills right from your bank account when you use online banking.
- Online banking will save you time
- You can also make payments to a PenFed loan, mortgage, or credit card account.
- Penfed Mobile Banking lets you deposit checks in the bank.
- You can check your account balance and see what transactions have been made.
- Check the status of your loan or credit card applications
- Create travel notification alerts for all PenFed credit and debit card accounts.
- You can easily move money between your PenFed accounts and accounts at other banks or set up automatic transfers.
How to Enroll in PenFed Online
Before you can use Pentagon Federal Credit Union’s Online Banking and Mobile App to transfer money, pay bills, deposit checks from your phone, and do many other things, you have to sign up for them.
After you sign up for online banking, you can download the PenFed Mobile app to access your PenFed accounts while you’re on the go.
- To start PenFed online enrollment process, kindly visit PenFed.org
- Tap Setup your online account
- Input your phone number, date of birth, and Social Security Number.
- Complete the one-time-passcode step by verifying your identity
- Set your user name and password, then Tap Submit.
- Once done, you should receive a success notification.
You may also like: Bank of America online banking and Mobile app registration process
How to Increase Credit Card Credit Lines
You can use PenFed Online to submit an application to raise the credit limit on any of your card products. This will give you more credit on your credit card.
- To do that simply log in to your online banking.
- Then search for a credit card and click the arrow next to More account info and actions.
- Tap Request a Credit Line Increase.
- Complete the application.
How to Enroll for Penfed credit union E-Statements
To sign up for E-Statements from PenFed Credit Union, go to PenFed Online and tap the Account Actions tab at the top. Then, choose whether you want to get your statements, documents, and alerts on paper or electronically, and click Save.
When using PenFed Mobile
- Click the Menu icon
- Click Settings, then tap Go Paperless.
- Select Go Paperless… for Everything! if you want PenFed to deliver all available statements, documents, and alerts electronically, or individually select the items you want PenFed to deliver electronically.
- Read and then check the boxes acknowledging the disclosure for PenFed Paperless settings, and the Electronic Tax Disclosure.
How to Upload Documents via Penfed credit union
PenFed uses the Secure Upload portal, which lets customers upload their documents from home instead of having to go to the bank.
If you are A Member:
Go to PenFed Online and sign in. Scroll down to the box that says “I Want to” on the right side of the screen and click “Secure Document Upload.”
If you are Not a Member:
Go to home.penfed.org/s/document-upload and enter your first name, last name, and email address.
- Tap Save Settings.
- Select the most appropriate Category and Document Type. If you are unsure about which category to use, select Other.
- Click Upload Files to select your file.
- If you want to upload more documents click the Upload another document button.
- Click Submit.
Penfed credit union: How to Make Transfers
By following the steps below, you can easily send money from your Penfed online banking account or mobile app:
- Login to PenFed Online.
- Tap the Transfers tab.
- Select Transfer money between your PenFed Accounts or Transfer to/from your External Accounts.
- Set the amount, date, frequency, and other transfer options.
- Click Continue.
- Review the transfer details and click Submit.
PenFed Mobile App money transfer
By following the steps below, you can easily send money from your Penfed app on mobile:
- Tap the Menu icon
- Tap Deposits & Transfers, then tap Transfer Money.
- Select the transfer details, such as the accounts sending and receiving the transfer, amount, and frequency.
- Tap Continue to review your transfer details.
- Tap Make Transfer to complete the transfer.
Penfed credit union Mobile Check Deposit
By following the steps below, you can easily send money from your Penfed app:
- Click the Menu icon
- Tap Deposits & Transfers, then tap Make Deposit.
- Select the account to deposit the funds into and enter the amount.
- Tap the Front of Check image icon, then the Back of Check image icon, to take clear, well-lit photos of both sides of the check.
- Tap Continue.
- Review the deposit details for accuracy and tap Deposit Check.
How to Make Payments from Penfed credit union
By following the steps below, you can easily pay your business partner, loans, credit cards, and mortgages from your mobile app and online banking:
From PenFed Mobile
- Log in to the mobile app
- Tap the Menu icon
- Tap Loan Payments > Make Payment, or tap Credit Card Payments and select the card you want to pay.
- Select the payment details, such as amount, date, and frequency.
- Tap Continue to review your payment details.
- Tap Make Payment to complete the payment.
From PenFed Online
To pay your PenFed mortgage or home equity loan, use the Mortgage and Home Loan Dashboard accessed through PenFed Online. To get there Login to PenFed Online.
Mortgages and Home Loans
- Scroll to your account and click the View Account Details button. This navigates to the dashboard.
- Click Payment Information and follow the prompts to submit your payment.
Credit Cards, Loans, and Lines of Credit
- Log in to PenFed Online.
- Scroll to find your account and click the blue Payment button. (Loan accounts display Make a Payment and Credit Card accounts display Make Payment.)
- Set the amount, frequency, and other payment options.
- Click Continue.
- Review the payment details and click Submit.